Long Term Care Psychiatric Services
- Psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis and treatment recommendations
- Cognitive and executive function testing
- Improved quality of life for residents with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, depression, anxiety, adjustment disorder and other psychiatric illnesses
- Documentation of treatment goals and response to treatment
- Psychotropic medication management
- Monitor and coordinate compliance with CMS guidelines for required dose reduction schedule for all psychotropics
- Document appropriate diagnosis for psychotropic medication use.
- Assess and reduce polypharmacy issues
- Timely response to pharmacy recommendations
- Bill the insurance carrier – no cost to facility for this service.
- Provide behavioral recommendations
- Perform Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scales (AIMS) for residents on antipsychotic medications
- Obtain informed consent on all psychotropic medications prescribed
- Review black box warnings
- Psychotherapy from a Psychologist or LCSW for individual and family counseling
- Reduced unplanned hospitalizations
- Reduced pharmacy costs
- Minimized medication regimens
- Individualized behavioral interventions documented for each patient on our caseload
- Compliance with CMS regulations for antipsychotic use
- Assistance in state regulatory survey process
What This Means for Your Facility…
- Ability to accept residents with higher acuity levels and fill empty beds
- Gain appropriate adjusted case mix PPS reimbursement.
- Assistance meeting therapy and outcome goals through improved mood and cognitive status
- Maximize functional status of residents
- Optimize staffing by reduced time spent with behavioral issues
- More staff are educated on non-pharmacological interventions for dementia
- Meet CMS guidelines for reduction of polypharmacy, gradual dose reduction (GDR), and documentation requirements.
- Assistance with regulatory surveys
This is how we do it...
- Internal quality audits of provider visits
- Orientation program utilizing best practice procedures with extended oversight period
- Holistic model of care that includes residents and families in the plan of care.
How We Are Different….
- Consistent scheduled provider visits
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary team: nursing and medical staff, social services, pharmacy, therapy services and families.
- Assistance with outliers identified on CASPER report.
- Attendance at behavior management meeting.
- Psychiatrist review of documentation monthly to provide clinical oversight.
- Flexibility to write orders or recommendations depending on facility structure.
- Behavioral interventions with non-pharmacological options to meet CMS requirements.
- Assistance to safely reduce off-label antipsychotic use.
- Documentation of appropriate need for antipsychotic use.
- Available for consultation from 8am-5pm, Monday – Friday.