Long Term Care Medical Services
- Assessment of resident on admission to prevent medication reconciliation errors
- Expedient assessment of acute medical issues
- Timely evaluation of short and long-term care quality measures including:
- Pain management
- Weight loss
- Wound care
- Management of chronic and comorbid conditions to prevent hospital readmissions
- Communication with family members
- Improved quality of life for residents with chronic diseases
- Documentation of treatment goals and response to treatment
- Monitor and coordinate compliance with CMS requirements for scheduled medical visits
- Document appropriate diagnosis for medication use.
- Assess and reduce polypharmacy issues
- Timely response to pharmacy recommendations
- Bill the insurance carrier – no cost to facility for this service.
We strive to set ourselves apart from our competitors by offering superior resident –focused care and excellent customer service.
- Reduced unplanned hospitalizations
- Reduced pharmacy costs
- Minimized medication regimens
- Assistance in state regulatory survey process
- Less facility staff time spent calling physician offices
What This Means for Your Facility…
- Positive position with hospital discharge planners
- Ability to accept residents with higher acuity levels and fill empty beds
- Gain appropriate adjusted case mix PPS reimbursement.
- Maximize functional status of residents
- Optimize staffing by reduced time spent with phone calls or communication with physician offices
- Assistance with regulatory surveys
This Is How We Do It...
- Internal quality audits of provider visits
- Orientation program utilizing best practice procedures with extended oversight period
- Holistic model of care that includes residents and families in the plan of care.
How We Are Different….
- Consistent scheduled provider visits
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary team: nursing and medical staff, social services, pharmacy, psychiatric services, dietician, therapy services and families.
- Assistance with outliers identified on CASPER report.
- Attendance at monthly quality management meeting.
- Ability to write orders for timely management of acute medical issues.